My email to 13 of the 14 Commissioners. One does not have an email address listed. Makes you wonder though.
- What does the oath of office say? Who are you obligated to represent? And does it say anything about keeping your own personal or religious beliefs out of politics and not forcing them onto the public in general?
- Have you read:
- The Constitution. Specifically, it says “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
- The Declaration of Independence. “The most important assertion in this document is that “to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.” Note that the power of government is derived not from any god but from the people. No appeal is made in this document to a god for authority of any kind. In no case are any powers given to religion in the affairs of man.
- The Federalist Papers. “As with the Constitution, at no time is a god ever mentioned in the Federalist Papers. At no time is Christianity every mentioned. Religion is only discussed in the context of keeping matters of faith separate from concerns of governance, and of keeping religion free from government interference.”
- Have you read this? https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-schweitzer/founding-fathers-we-are-n_b_6761840.html
- Have you explored the website for the Patriot’s Brigade of Tennessee? Who created it? And what is their purpose? Notice it hasn’t been updated in over a year. Their purpose is in direct violation of the Constitution.
- The Equal Protection Clause is located at the end of Section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. [emphasis added]
- Have you taken the time to consult with our county or city attorney regarding the validity and soundness of the resolution.
- Have you bothered to read the resolution and all? Here it is. http://www.hamblencountytn.gov/wp-content/uploads/delightful-downloads/2017/12/12-December-2017-Committee-Packet-Page-1.pdf
- What purpose does this resolution have, and what do you predict will be the consequences. What have been the consequences for other regions that pass resolutions discriminating against a particular segment of their voters.
I eagerly look forward to your response.
Rev. Richard Tidyman